Ingredients with Measurements:
- 2 cups of tomato juice
- 1/4 cup of Toma del Bot hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 4 ounces of vodka
- Garnishes of your choice (such as celery stalks, olives, pickles, bacon, shrimp, etc.)
Special equipment needed:
- Cocktail shaker
- Highball glasses
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine tomato juice, Toma del Bot hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, horseradish, celery salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and ground cumin.
2. Add vodka and ice to the shaker.
3. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
4. Strain the mixture into highball glasses filled with ice.
5. Garnish with your choice of celery stalks, olives, pickles, bacon, shrimp, or any other garnishes you prefer.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: N/A
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Calories per serving: 160
Substitutions for ingredients:
- If you don't have Toma del Bot hot sauce, you can use any other hot sauce of your choice.
- If you don't have horseradish, you can omit it or use wasabi instead.
- If you don't have celery salt, you can use regular salt or omit it.
- If you don't have smoked paprika, you can use regular paprika or omit it.
- If you don't have ground cumin, you can omit it.
- For a non-alcoholic version, omit the vodka and add more tomato juice or vegetable broth.
- For a spicier version, add more Toma del Bot hot sauce or cayenne pepper.
- For a milder version, use less Toma del Bot hot sauce or omit the cayenne pepper.
- For a smokier version, add a few drops of liquid smoke.
- For a sweeter version, add a splash of orange juice or honey.
Tips and tricks:
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best flavor.
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce and spices to your taste.
- Use high-quality tomato juice for the best taste.
- Use chilled vodka and glasses for a refreshing drink.
- Don't forget to garnish your Bloody Mary for a more festive look.
This drink is best served fresh, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Serve your Bloody Mary in a highball glass with a celery stalk, olives, pickles, bacon, shrimp, or any other garnishes you prefer.
Celery stalks, olives, pickles, bacon, shrimp, or any other garnishes you prefer.
This drink pairs well with brunch dishes such as eggs benedict, omelets, or pancakes.
Suggested side dishes:
Potato chips, French fries, or any other salty snacks.
- If your Bloody Mary is too spicy, add more tomato juice or vegetable broth to dilute it.
- If your Bloody Mary is too mild, add more Toma del Bot hot sauce or spices to enhance the flavor.
- If your Bloody Mary is too thick, add more tomato juice or vegetable broth to thin it out.
Food safety advice:
Make sure to use fresh ingredients and wash your hands and utensils before preparing this drink.
The Bloody Mary is a classic cocktail that originated in the 1920s. It is typically made with vodka, tomato juice, and spices, and is often served as a brunch drink.
This Bloody Mary is spicy, tangy, and savory, with a hint of smokiness and a kick of heat.
Serve this drink at your next brunch party or as a refreshing summer drink.
Cooking Method: N/A
Course Type: N/A
Meal type: N/A