Ingredients with Measurements:
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Robiola di Montevecchia cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Special equipment needed:
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat with the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the white wine and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
4. Begin adding the broth, one ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until each ladleful has been absorbed before adding the next. Continue this process until the rice is cooked through and has a creamy consistency, about 20-25 minutes.
5. Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and stir in the crumbled Robiola di Montevecchia cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Calories per serving: 330
Substitutions for ingredients:
- Arborio rice can be substituted with Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice.
- Robiola di Montevecchia cheese can be substituted with other soft cheeses like Brie or Camembert.
- Add cooked mushrooms or asparagus to the risotto for extra flavor and texture.
- Use red wine instead of white wine for a deeper flavor.
- Add a splash of cream at the end for a richer, creamier risotto.
Tips and tricks:
- Keep the broth warm in a separate pot to ensure that it is absorbed quickly and evenly.
- Stir the risotto constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the risotto to prevent it from breaking down.
Leftover risotto can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat the risotto in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until heated through.
Serve the risotto in individual bowls or on a large platter. Garnish with fresh parsley and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
Fresh parsley, grated cheese
This risotto pairs well with a crisp white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
Suggested side dishes:
A simple green salad or roasted vegetables would make a great side dish for this risotto.
If the risotto is too dry, add more broth or water until it reaches the desired consistency. If it is too wet, continue cooking until the excess liquid has been absorbed.
Food safety advice:
Make sure to use fresh ingredients and cook the risotto to an internal temperature of 165°F to ensure that it is safe to eat.
Robiola di Montevecchia is a soft cheese made from cow's milk that originated in the Lombardy region of Italy. It has a creamy texture and a mild, slightly tangy flavor.
Creamy, tangy, savory
Serve this risotto as a main course for a cozy dinner at home or as a side dish for a special occasion.
Cooking Method: N/A
Course Type: N/A
Meal type: N/A