Ingredients with Measurements:
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Queijo do Pico cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chorizo, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Special equipment needed:
- Pizza stone or baking sheet
- Pizza cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
2. Place the pre-made pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
3. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza crust.
4. Sprinkle the grated Queijo do Pico cheese over the tomato sauce.
5. Arrange the sliced chorizo, red onion, green bell pepper, and black olives on top of the cheese.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle the torn basil leaves on top.
9. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Calories per serving: 380
Substitutions for ingredients:
- Pre-made pizza crust can be substituted with homemade pizza dough.
- Queijo do Pico cheese can be substituted with any other type of cheese, such as mozzarella or cheddar.
- Chorizo can be substituted with any other type of sausage, such as pepperoni or Italian sausage.
- Red onion can be substituted with yellow onion or shallots.
- Green bell pepper can be substituted with red or yellow bell pepper.
- Add sliced mushrooms or artichoke hearts for a vegetarian option.
- Use a white sauce instead of tomato sauce for a different flavor profile.
- Add sliced jalapeños for a spicy kick.
Tips and tricks:
- Preheat the pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven before placing the pizza on it to ensure a crispy crust.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the pizza for easier serving.
- Experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination.
Leftover pizza can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat leftover pizza in the oven at 350°F (177°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Serve the pizza on a wooden cutting board or pizza stone for a rustic look.
Garnish with additional torn basil leaves or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for added flavor.
Pair with a crisp green salad or a glass of red wine.
Suggested side dishes:
Serve with garlic bread or a side of roasted vegetables.
- If the crust is not crispy enough, try preheating the pizza stone or baking sheet for a longer period of time.
- If the cheese is not melting, try increasing the oven temperature or placing the pizza closer to the top of the oven.
Food safety advice:
Make sure to cook the pizza to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is safe to eat.
Pizza originated in Italy and has become a popular dish around the world. Queijo do Pico is a type of cheese from the Azores, a group of islands off the coast of Portugal.
This pizza has a savory and slightly spicy flavor from the chorizo and a creamy and tangy flavor from the Queijo do Pico cheese.
Serve hot and enjoy as a main course or as a snack.
Cooking Method: N/A
Course Type: N/A
Meal type: N/A