Ingredients with Measurements:
- 1 pre-made pizza crust
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeños
- 1/4 cup diced bacon
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Special Equipment Needed:
- Pizza stone or baking sheet
- Rolling pin
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Roll out the pizza crust onto a floured surface using a rolling pin.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
4. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the pizza crust.
5. Sprinkle the diced jalapeños, bacon, red onion, and tomatoes over the cheese mixture.
6. Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle the chopped cilantro over the top.
8. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Calories per serving: 350
Fat per serving: 18g
Carbohydrates per serving: 28g
Protein per serving: 16g
Substitutions for ingredients:
- Instead of pre-made pizza crust, you can use homemade pizza dough or a pre-made cauliflower crust for a low-carb option.
- If you don't like jalapeños, you can use bell peppers or banana peppers instead.
- You can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon for a healthier option.
- If you don't like cilantro, you can use parsley or basil instead.
- Add cooked chicken or ground beef for a meatier pizza.
- Use different types of cheese, such as pepper jack or gouda, for a different flavor profile.
- Add a drizzle of ranch dressing or hot sauce over the top for extra flavor.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make sure to roll out the pizza crust evenly so that it cooks evenly.
- If you like your pizza extra crispy, pre-bake the crust for a few minutes before adding the toppings.
- If you're short on time, you can use store-bought pizza sauce instead of the cheese mixture.
- Store leftover pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat leftover pizza, place it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve the pizza on a wooden cutting board for a rustic look.
- Garnish the pizza with extra diced jalapeños or cilantro for a pop of color.
- Diced jalapeños
- Chopped cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Serve the pizza with a side salad or garlic bread for a complete meal.
- Pair with a cold beer or a glass of white wine.
Suggested Side Dishes:
- Caesar salad
- Garlic bread
- Roasted vegetables
- If the crust is not cooked through, bake the pizza for a few more minutes until it is golden brown.
- If the cheese is not melted and bubbly, bake the pizza for a few more minutes until it is fully melted.
Food Safety Advice:
- Make sure to wash your hands and all utensils before preparing the pizza.
- Store leftover pizza in the refrigerator within 2 hours of cooking.
- Jalapeño poppers originated in Texas in the 1970s and have since become a popular appetizer at restaurants and parties.
- Spicy, cheesy, savory
- Serve the pizza hot and fresh out of the oven for the best flavor and texture.
Cooking Method: N/A
Course Type: N/A
Meal type: N/A