Ingredients with Measurements:
- 2 cups guanti pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Special Equipment Needed:
- Large pot
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the guanti pasta and cook according to package instructions.
3. Drain the pasta in a colander and set aside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and parsley and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
7. Add the cooked guanti pasta to the skillet and toss to combine.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve warm.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Temperature: Medium heat
Serving Size: 4
Substitutions for Ingredients:
- For the guanti pasta, you can substitute any other type of short pasta such as penne or rigatoni.
- For the extra-virgin olive oil, you can substitute any other type of oil such as avocado oil or canola oil.
- For the sun-dried tomatoes, you can substitute fresh tomatoes.
- For the kalamata olives, you can substitute any other type of olives such as green olives or black olives.
- For a vegan version, omit the olives and substitute vegan cheese for the Parmesan cheese.
- For a gluten-free version, substitute gluten-free pasta for the guanti pasta.
Tips and Tricks:
- To make the dish even more flavorful, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- To make the dish even more colorful, add some chopped fresh basil.
This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, place the dish in a skillet over medium heat and cook until heated through.
This dish can be served in a large bowl or platter, and garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
This dish pairs well with a crisp white wine such as a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Suggested Side Dishes:
- A simple green salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Garlic bread
If the dish is too dry, add a splash of olive oil or vegetable broth to moisten.
Food Safety Advice:
Be sure to store the dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 3 days.
This dish is a traditional Italian dish that has been enjoyed for generations.
This dish has a savory and slightly salty flavor with a hint of garlic and herbs.
This dish can be served as a main course or as a side dish.
Cooking Method: N/A
Course Type: N/A
Meal type: N/A