Ingredients with Measurements:
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Mango slices for garnish (optional)
Special equipment needed:
1. In a blender, combine the chopped mangoes, milk, condensed milk, sugar, ice cubes, and vanilla extract.
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour the mango milkshake into glasses.
4. Top with whipped cream and mango slices, if desired.
5. Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: None
- Serve chilled
- Makes 2 servings
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 8g
- Sugar: 59g
- Sodium: 125mg
Substitutions for ingredients:
- Almond milk or coconut milk can be used instead of regular milk.
- Honey or maple syrup can be used instead of sugar.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a creamier texture.
- Use frozen mango chunks instead of fresh mangoes for a thicker consistency.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon for a warm, spicy flavor.
Tips and tricks:
- Use ripe mangoes for the best flavor.
- Adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding more or less sugar.
- For a vegan version, use non-dairy milk and skip the whipped cream.
- Store any leftover mango milkshake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Serve in tall glasses with a straw.
- Garnish with whipped cream and mango slices.
- Whipped cream
- Mango slices
- Cookies or biscuits
Suggested side dishes:
- If the milkshake is too thick, add more milk.
- If the milkshake is too thin, add more ice cubes or frozen mango chunks.
Food safety advice:
- Use clean and washed utensils and equipment.
- Make sure the mangoes are ripe and fresh.
- Es Laksmana is a popular Indonesian dessert made with shaved ice, syrup, and various toppings.
- Sweet, creamy, and fruity.
- Serve as a dessert or a refreshing drink.
Cooking Method: N/A
Course Type: N/A
Meal type: N/A